Welcome to our Learning CentreUse our online documentation as a reference book to answer your questions.
Alexa Voice Command
It allows you to control your devices with voice commands using the Amazon Alexa-compatible speakers.
This component’s sample is made by using Graphic UI gateway.
Please refer to “Gateways / Protocols” chapter in order to get further info.
Component to control: choose the device you want to control all the components inside the project;
Device: choose the word you want to use in your voice command to refer to the selected component to control;
Placement: choose the word you want to use in your voice command to specify where the device is inside the house;
Note: text field available for additional information on the component from the admin side.
IMPORTANT: It is necessary to configure parameters using the language set on your Alexa-compatible device. Also, pay attention to configure Device Name and Room Name using the same language, only English OR only German. It is not possible to use an English word for the device name and a German one for the room name and vice-versa. This error will cause the failure of the feature.
When configuring an “Alexa voice command” to control a “Scenario” component, please follow this rules:
- Component to control: choose the “Scenario” component you want to control;
- Device name: leave this field empty and not selected (only when controlling scenes);
- Scenario name: choose the word you want to use in your voice command to refer to the “Scenario”.
- Download and Install EVE Logic plugin to enable plugins (link);
- After loading .eve project to the server, run EVE Remote app, log in and then wait a couple of minutes for logics activation.