Welcome to our Learning CentreUse our online documentation as a reference book to answer your questions.
Sample project: Notification
The purpose of this example, which you can download here, is to show you how to use the “Notification” component to warn a user after a certain event occurs.
Preparing and loading the project in EVE Manager:
- unzip the file;
- open EVE Manager, go to the top left, File – Open – press “Ok” on the message that appears and select the file just decompressed;
- Start the virtual machine or the Raspberry;
- Download and Install the Logic by following this guide.
By accessing EVE Manager, after the project is loaded, the components that are used to configure the project are visible in the “My Components” area:
- 1 Switch
- 1 Info
- 1 Notification
The “Motion Sensor” switch will simulate a motion detector, and the Info “Timer” component is set with the “Today date / time” tag and will show the date and time of day.
Place yourself in the “Notification” component to view its configuration:
- our goal is to make appear a warn notification just as soon as the motion sensor detects a presence inside the kitchen;
- as a trigger component we set the Motion Sensor and as a send action we set its ignition;
- as user to whom we send the notification we have set the admin;
- as the first and only information we set the “Timer” Info component;
- in the content we have placed the warning message below whom the only one information that we have set will automatically appear.
After uploading the project to the server, clicking on the top of the EVE Manager on “Project” menu – Upload to server, here enter the IP address of the virtual machine or Raspberry, as the “admin” user and as password “password”, login to the EVE Remote Plus app.
LOGIN ACCOUNT user: admin password: password
In this interface as soon as we turn on the motion sensor, we will receive a notification with the warning message and the time in which occurred.