DALI – KNX Gateway
The KNX/DALI gateway is designed for an intelligent building control system，which is used to connect KNX bus with DALI bus. As an interface device, it can convert the telegrams from KNX bus into the information that DALI devices can recognize, which includes DALI device address and control command, and send the information to DALI network and control DALI devices, e.g. switching, dimming , scene etc.. And the gateway can also detect fault of DALI device, and feed back the fault information to KNX bus.
The KNX/DALI gateway can connect up to 64 DALI devices. Each DALI device can be switched, dimmed or set brightness value via a communication object. The DALI address assignment of 64 devices is implemented automatically or manually by the DALI Gateway, meanwhile, a DALI software tool is provided, which is used to modify the DALI devices address and test DALI devices etc.
This manual provides detailed technical information about the DALI-Gateway for users as well as assembly and programming details, and explains how to use the gateway by the application examples.
The KNX/DALI gateway is a modular installation device for fast installation in the distribution board on 35 mm mounting rails to DIN EN 60 715. The electrical connection is implemented using screw terminals. The connection to the bus is implemented using the supplied bus connection terminal. The input need be connected to an extra voltage supply. It is able to use the Engineering Tool Software ETS (ETS3 or later) with a VD4 file to allocate the physical address and set the parameters.
The following functions can be set via the application program:
- Switching, dimming and set brightness value for each DALI device
- Scene control: can configure up to 16 different scenes for each DALI device. And there are two data types to recall and store the scenes of the DALI device: 1 bit and 1 byte
- Group control: Every DALI devices can be belonged to 16 different groups at the same time. And switching, dimming and set brightness value for each group
- Can configure the min. brightness value and the max. brightness value for each DALI device
- Send or response various status, e.g. switch, brightness, auxiliary supply and communication etc.
- Fault detection of lamps and ballasts for DALI devices
- LED display, e.g. error , run, init
- Broadcast control: switching, dimming and set brightness value for all DALI devices
- Staircase lighting
Model Number: BTDG-01/00.1