Welcome to our Learning CentreUse our online documentation as a reference book to answer your questions.
This component allows you to record what happens in the system. The plugin has an operation similar to the plugin for sending emails but instead of sending a message, it is logged to a file that can be viewed later.
This component’s sample is made by using Graphic UI gateway.
Please refer to “Gateways / Protocols” chapter in order to get further info.
Enable: select the switch to enable or disable status logging;
Trigger component: select the component that will start the registration of a status. Remember that log will also work without triggering a component;
Event edge: select the type of front that must have the status to be considered in the registration;
Every (seconds): Time interval used to record the log. Leave it empty if not needed;
Log title: enter the title of the information content;
Additional information can be added in the content of the information (up to 4 information):
Log on change (checkbox): if checked, the information will be recorded at each status change of the selected component. An example could be the doors that are opened or closed or an energy consumption that change.
Content: text that will be recorded, to enter the above information just enter the # symbol followed by the information number (eg # 1). If you need more component to be logged, remember to use this format:
Remember to use the comma, at the end of every information, that will divide and format your text in the right way inside your .csv file.
Note: text field available for additional information on the component from the admin side.
This is a simple example of a log that checks if a door was opened or not. As you can see it will record the change of a status of a component and the exact time when the changes happened. If you want the file to be exported
Inside the “logs” folder inside your server, you will find that we store two logs, one daily log called “today_YOURFILENAME” and one folder with the date(YY/MM) with all the logs of the month, this will help to organize all your log files.
A reminder before continuing:
- Download and Install EVE Logic plugin to enable plugins (link);
- After loading .eve project to the server, wait a couple of minutes for logics activation.
How to download the Log file
Below you will be illustrating the procedure how to download the Log file:
- Download an FTP program to access the server, by clicking here you will be able to access the download page of the FileZilla software;
- Once installed on your PC, run the program and open the connection with the EVE server by pressing the top left “File – Site Manager”;
- It will open a screen, click on “New site” and fill in the following fields: Host, Access type select “Normal” and then as user and password insert “
eveweb“. Once you’ve completed the fields, click on “Connect”.
- Now on the left you will see the folders on your PC and, on the right, you will see the folders on the EVE server;
- Follow the following path inside the server:
http/logic/plugins/Log/logs and then enter in the folder of the month;
- Once the log file is found, first in the left part, place yourself in the folder where you want to save and then on the right side, double-click on the file you want to download;
- To open this file, you first need to install the Libre Office or Microsoft Excel program if it is not already in your PC and then press the right mouse button over the file, “open with” and choose LibreOffice Calc.